Holiday in the Lake District
Posted by Chris @ 8:41 PM
Firstly an apology for not blogging much this week, however Dawn and I have both been ill, and so not really up to much. Dawn, bless her, is still ill, but hopefully will be on the mend soon.
Anyway this post is all about our holiday in the Lake District with my mum and dad. It doesn't feel like it only ended a week ago, more like a month! Photos as usual are in the photos section. So what did we get up to? Well, here goes...
- The cottage we stayed in was very nice, and we booked that through Cumbrian-Cottages.co.uk
- We went walking in Whinlatter Forest.
- We saw Private Lives by Noel Coward at the Theatre by the Lake
- Sunday we spent at Rookin House - an activities centre where we undertook clay pigeon shooting, archery, rode an Argo Cat and finished off with some rally karting.
- Looked for Dawns ancestors in Thorthwaite cemetery.
- Climbed Dodd Wood
- On Tuesday we went into Keswick with Dawn's mum and grandparents.
- Wednesday we went to the Sellafield Visitors Centre and Muncaster Castle, where we saw some owls.
- Thursday mum and dad left to go home, whilst we went kayaking on Derwent Water with Platty+ (it was a bit choppy, but fun!)
- Friday we went to Grizdale Forest to Go Ape! That was a high wire course in the trees, and a lot of fun!